Well we arrived in Blighty last night - with a pretty smooth trip all the way via Abu Dhabi - to arrive 20 mins ahead of schedule! By the time the boys and I moseyed down to immigration and baggage claim there were no long queues as we were almost the last ones there. We walked outside to find 'bright' sunshine (well, not bright by Doha or Aussie standards - but it was shining) and clear blue skies - the immigration officer had very kindly told us we can expect about a week of "cool australian summer" aka 25-28C max before it turns "cold" aka 20C max - still a bit of a shock to the system after temps in Doha of 45-48 in the week before we left!
Found the taxi driver and spent an hour getting to the hotel. Having now been up for 14 hours, after only 8 hrs sleep the night before, Jacob crashed, once I got his brother to stop talking. A few dramas on arrival at the hotel (I won't bore you with the details - it all worked out OK) and a walk to the shops at the end of the street to get food. Filled with fish n chips (Ethan had pie) and having used the 'free street internet' we all went to sleep pretty quickly!
Found the taxi driver and spent an hour getting to the hotel. Having now been up for 14 hours, after only 8 hrs sleep the night before, Jacob crashed, once I got his brother to stop talking. A few dramas on arrival at the hotel (I won't bore you with the details - it all worked out OK) and a walk to the shops at the end of the street to get food. Filled with fish n chips (Ethan had pie) and having used the 'free street internet' we all went to sleep pretty quickly!
No comments:
Post a Comment